29 November 2005

That's What I'm Talking About

Despite a few of my favourite dancers not being there tonight and me feeling a little ill I had such a good night tonight. Most of my dances were just fab (maybe they weren't for my partner but they certainly were for me). I only had a couple of dances that I didn't enjoy and only a handful that I thought were a bit average. Lots of great tunes as well and I really liked the set the DJ picked (except the last song being Now That I Can Dance; arrrrgh!). I am certainly hoping to be able to repeat nights like this.





The moves were nice as well and I certainly hope I can fit them into my routine. We ran out of time in the class and in the end dropped a bit off the third move. As I think I had it and went over it at the end of the class then I'll give the complete move.




  • Catapult First Move Thing. Start a One Handed Catapult; as the woman is behind you under tension (without the left hand) turn anti-clockwise to face switching from right to left and pulling her straight in for the start of a First Move. Push her into the outward then turn her anti-clockwise while pivoting to face her.

  • Wurlitzer Barrier Accordion. Wurltzer; as you push the woman out to the side swap from right to left hand and draw her past your right side so she makes a Barrier. Turn her out of the barrier and go into an Accordion then do a two handed return.

  • Secret Move Double Twist Into Walk Thing With Stuff. Start a Secret Move but take your right hand to a higher Yo-Yo position. Effectively Hatchback out of it keeping hold with your left. Raise your left hand as you turn to face rotating her anti-clockwise for two turns. As you turn her for a third time take her other hand with your right at waist level. As you turn her take the right hand high. As she comes to face again take the left low and let it flow around her so she ends up with her left across her abdomen and you have your left hand at her right waist and your right extended out (a bit like a swizzle out) at her right side with her back turned to you. You then quickly unwrap her clockwise and as she comes to face take the left high and the right low to repeat the action in mirror. Then as you turn her anti-clockwise to unwrap keep the right low so you put her into a half nelson as you continue to turn her then put your right on her shoulder as support and take her into a dip (with her facing your right at an angle; I've done this loads before). Unwrap and put her into a Lady Spin catching right.





Tags:

No comments: