13 November 2005

Charity Ball

I went to a charity ball event tonight. Apart from failing to get dressed up (which probably comes as no surprise to people who have been to party nights with me). Tiredness is still effecting my dancing (will sleep soon) though I did have quite a few good dances and the set was good. However I was asked to join a team at Blackpool this evening (which I can't make) but it still made my night :D.





Class consisted of some likable moves.




  • Basket Pull Through. Start Basket step back then move the lady forward directly in front of you under tension before flinging her back and turning to face her catching left to right. Travel return her.

  • First Move Block. Start a first move but move into a side position (like a strong frame) and as you bring the woman forward block with the knee (though really you are stopping with your arms). Then move her back slightly before exiting the first move as normal. Return.

  • Left Hand Catapult Dip. Do a left handed catapult but turn to follow woman as you pull her under and pass from left to right hand extending the right hand out for a spin. Spin her and move in for a seducer of the spin. Spin her out and catch right.

  • One Handed Catapult Into Flick Spin . Right handed catapult but don't take with left hand. Rather just use the right and take that over your head as you move back. At the woman comes forward turn her and then flick spin catching left.





Tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad it was interesting.

Hey - I just noticed we share a similar taste in films all your favourites are mine too, excpet for "The Truth About Cats and Dogs" which I've not seen ;)

Gary said...

Truth About Cats And Dogs is good. Based on your film tastes I think you'd like it :). I should update that list with some other fine films that I have loved as well. I'm lazy though.

I did enjoy Saturday even if I felt I wasn't at my best.