03 November 2005

Dancing On A Thursday

Tonight was really good; I had some fab dances and one that just really connected and worked. It had been a while since I had danced with the woman and she got all cheery and said how much I had improved and how much she enjoyed the dance. I shall definitely ask her to dance more in the future.



I feel that Thursday night's playlist could do with a bit of a change though; maybe just a slightly wider pool of tracks would help. I mean, I like dancing to familiar tracks, but the introduction of tracks I haven't heard presents a challenge and keeps the music fresh. Salsa often drives me mad due to the similarity of the tracks; I'd hate to think that Ceroc would end up doing the same.





  • Wurlitzer Back High Hand Thing Into Basket. Wurlitzer start then pull the woman under your right hand (apart from it being right to left it's just like a Catapult) and offer your left hand high on your right shoulder. Bring her in and she takes that hand turning anticlockwise (both of you) to move her straight into a Basket. In the lesson we directly moved out of the basket rather than remained in it and returned.

  • Under Arm Thing. Move in a bit like a First Move but keep the left hand low. Put your partner's right hand behind her back in a half nelson and take it with your right. Unravel her and as she comes around move underneath your hands then take the hand out for a Lady Spin. Spin her and catch right.

  • Man Spin Butt Wiggle. Start a Man Spin but get the woman to walk around you (while still keeping hold of the hand) and wiggle while she does so. As she comes around again take her other hand and let go with the left then bring her back to back and spin her catching left to right I assume.





Tags:

No comments: