15 November 2005

Now That I Can Dance?

Well it was another fairly average dance night tonight. I'm not really sure why (I don't even have the sleep excuse anymore). My musicality just seemed a little off and at times it really just felt like I was going through the motions. The floor also seemed very slippy which felt like I was a bit all over the place at times. Strangely the beginners class was maybe one of the most enjoyable points of the evening.



Anyway it could have been a whole new move thing and perhaps on Thursday I'll get more into the groove.





Quick intermediate moves list.




  • Basket Lady Comb?. Basket but as you step back keep your left hand high and take it over the woman's head to her neck. Release her hand and bring your hand to her waist where hopefully she'll take it again as she steps forward you can then hold her in this repeating the move as you like or exit the Basket. I tried doing this with other Basket variant exits and found it difficult to move into them but I'll continue trying to combine both.

  • Mambo Swizzle Thing. Armjive Swizzle start. As you take the woman's arm out though you move (with left foot) into a Mambo Step for a few counts then you exit the Swizzle and take your right high and left low to lead into a mirror of the first part repeating again. You then repeat back to a Swizzle, hold for a single step and exit as a normal swizzle.

  • First Move Barrier Cha Cha Thing. I didn't like the Cha Cha footwork when I was down at Southport and I found it difficult tonight as well. Start a First Move but return with the left arm low then take the woman out in front and form a barrier. Spin her around from that (one and three quarter times) straight into a Cha Cha out-step (so left hand out to the right side with left foot forward). Step into face and take her other hand for a Cha-Cha-Cha then repeat with right hand to left. Do the step in again then left out to right but both of you spin and face and go straight into a two handed Cha-Cha-Cha before taking the right hand left but take the left hand high so she turns underneath it and return.





Tags:

No comments: