22 November 2005

Slow Night

Tonight took me quite a while to get into. The music was such a strange mix including a few tracks that are my current favourites to a few tracks that I really didn't enjoy (I still fricken hate Tina Arena's Now I Can Dance; I hate it). Anyway had some real gems of dances that made the evening worth it.






  • First Move Barrier into Sway. First Move take hand to hip when exiting and lead into a Barrier block. Turn the woman one and a half times and then take her hand down into a flick spin to spin her another half time moving into a Sway. Take her left hand up turning her under it and turning with her so you continue facing the same direction. Move into a double handed (sort of Accordion) move before double handed returning from that.

  • Secret Walk Spin. Start a Secret Walk by taking hands across your abdomen. Pull the woman out but then turn and face and take the woman's hands out to the right and lady spin with them.

  • Wurltzer Flick Spin into Backwards Lean to Seducer into Tandem Mambo Walk with Lady Spin. Lets break that down. Wurltzer with you going out as well. Wrap the woman in so she is on your right, hip-to-hip, with her facing the other way from you. Take her right in your left at your left shoulder in a ballroom grip and secure her with your right hand at her hip (I actually wrapped it around to her back as will become clear in a second). Lean to the left then pivot her in front of you into a seducer with left high. As you exit out turn her anticlockwise under the left hand so her back is facing after one and a half turns. Take her left in your right at her waist and your left hand down so she is in a basket like position in front. Mambo step for four beats. Begin to exit as you would a Basket take the left low but raise the right and wrap into her right side then take her in front of you and turn her one and a half time into a lady spin. What a move :D.





Tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just got to say... I love Now I Can Dance. Thanks for reminding me of it. ;-)

Gary said...

Well I suppose that's what different takes are like :). I like the "Mash Potato, Do the Twist" now I can dance song. I think it is more dancing to it at least twice a week that is driving me a bit mad.