08 December 2005

Singles' Night

Tonight was very busy. That was mainly because it was playing host to some form of singles night. This meant that there was a large number of people who were beginners and also, I suspect in many cases, not really interested in dancing. I did dance with a few of the new people but mostly stuck to my regulars (I'm not sure if this was bad or not; to be fair I didn't get a huge amount of choice as I was asked a lot during the night). I told the DJ (the same one from Tuesday) that I found his set, on Tuesday, excellent (except for the horrible song). He played that song at the end which he chuckled about when I thanked him. Still his set tonight was great as well and different enough from Tuesday that it felt all fresh and new.




I had done two of the moves before but I found practicing them really useful and I might actually include them my routine now.




  • Neck Break Lady Under. This time we brought her back around to face and stopped her turning with the right hand then put her into a return spin.

  • Wurlitizer Caress Mambo Thing. The last description will probably do but we held the right hand high this time and we cross-body lead the woman to the other side keeping hold with the right hand and moving her into a lady spin. That was a much cleaner exit :D.

  • Lambada Drop. Both hands. Go for an In-and-Out bounce then take your hands high changing to a ballroom grip and stand so one of the woman's legs is slightly between yours. Lean her back while you counter balance by going back and take both your hands to a strong hold out to the sides. Lift your hands back up to bring her back up and slide out into a regular double handed hold. I actually found this move surprisingly safe feeling. I liked it.





Tags:

No comments: