24 December 2005

Edinburgh Christmas Party

Ah my 6th party and nearly my 6th month of Ceroc. I was going to take my camera but, as usual, I forgot. I did actually remember it at Stirling but then it didn't have charged batteries. Sigh. I wish I had taken it; so many people had gone to a lot of effort to dress up for the occasion. I thought our Tuesday night teacher looked fantastic in her outfit. Just as an aside yesterday I mentioned my mediocre night and one woman, jokingly, mentioned about trying to make my dance enjoyable tonight. I did have some enjoyable dances yesterday but I just wasn't in the zone and didn't really feel that I was pushing myself to my best. It was certainly no complaint on the women I had dances with. You are all lovely :).



Tonight! Well the hall was decorated with a Christmas theme. Given how much it really is a dance studio rather than anything else they did a good job. It was busy (though less so than I expected) there were some songs where I quickly picked up on how to minimise my moves. If there was a fun class I missed it as I didn't turn up 'til just after 9. I had a many really good dances throughout the evening. A good mix of slow and fast ones as well to confirm that I enjoy most types of music. Tiggerbabe confirmed that I really do enjoy moves that I can wiggle on. I've also now picked up a new habit of doing a sweeping action with my spare arm when coming out of particular moves. I actually think it might look okay but I'm also aware that I'm doing it without thinking about it and that lack of controlling my style worries me. At one stage during the night I actually had to stop dancing (I did wait until the end of the song) as my legs had gone numb and I was quite literally afraid of collapsing. I took some time out and recovered though that whole point of the night I had barely enough energy to really put a good effort in my moves and my brain wasn't really working. I had a dance to Now That I Can Dance where I tried to get my partner to strangle me; I didn't get to dance to Zoot Suit Riot :(.



Anyway it was a really enjoyable night in all. I'll have to work on my energy reserves though.



Merry Christmas.




Tags:

No comments: