27 September 2005

The Man Double Spin Is Back!

I had a good night tonight; mainly due to a lot of fun dances which certainly make my night. At the same time I did a double spin of a Man Spin again and that filled me with a bit of joy. I also got a woo! from the teacher while doing a Strip Hug which made me instantly get embarrassed and pretty much stop the move. Also after a recent discussion I went over Check-Check so I could lead them even though they seem to fill some women with a passionate hatred. I got a bit of feedback (that I asked for) for my leading and my partner picked up a bit of uncertainly in a few of my moves causing me to lag by half a beat and also told me to keep the arm low for the Swizzle Walk Around which seems like some sound advice and she said generally the uncertainly with fade with more experience. I sure hope so.



I also feel guilty that much of my attention was stolen away from the beginners who I would have liked to dance with. I think it is really important for a friendly atmosphere and as a learning experience for both of us.





First Move Push Spin, Back Pass, Octopus and, Side Step.




  • First Move Spin Around. First Move. After pushing out twirl the woman to your left while walking around her and snapping back into the left arm at your shoulder and your right arm at her waist. Push out and repeat. Keep doing until content that you've made her dizzy (or whatever stage you feel is good) and exit using any number of First Move exits (just standard in this case).

  • Neck Break Lady Under. Start neck break with right hand "high five" signal and move in putting that over her shoulder and putting your left at your shoulder (I'm pretty sure I didn't do this before). Turn her to be hip-to-hip placing your right on her right shoulder at this stage and your left on her left. Move her in (like a normal Neck Break) but then turn her clockwise letting go with left and then (as she comes around) gently pushing down with right allowing her to duck and you to move your hand around her. As she turns away again spin her and catch right.

  • Right hand offering left at right waist. Take hands in around your chest and then push out with the right causing you to be hip to hip. Turn 180 to face partner and take right hand to the right and lock in a push hold. Push and bring left up keeping both hands high then move hip-to-hip taking both your and her right hand to your right hip and your left somewhere in her direction (I don't know :)). Lean right hopefully she'll take a step forwards. At the same time take your right over your head. As you correct from the lean take your left over her head (like a few other moves we have done). Slide out into right to her left hold. Spin her and catch left (though at least a few times I went straight into a dip).


I liked these moves :).






Tags:

No comments: