18 December 2005

All That Glitters Stirling Party

Went to the Stirling party; second of my Christmas parties. It's the fist time I've been to the hall and I have to say that it was such a lovely hall. They had laid it out well including chocolate at tables. I found the floor difficult to spin on but I think it was my balance that was just off (it happens some times). The blues room was nice as well though I found the lights in it messed with my eyes.



I had some really fab dances at the beginning and middle of the evening. Ran out of energy towards the end but had some luscious blues dancing to finish the night. Loved so much of the music; the sets played had a good mix of stuff that I was familiar with and stuff that was new to me. I liked choosing between both the halls it gave me a good opportunity to dance to faster and slower stuff (I still very much enjoy dancing to faster pace music). I did start by doing a bit of double trouble in the blues room as soon as it was open. I did turn someone down for Now That I Can Dance though I was also going for a quick refresh so it seemed like a good song to do it on. Dance floor in the main hall was busy especially at the beginning of the evening but most of the dancers had a good dance floor awareness so sharing the space was fine. The hall got really warm but that's really to be expected given the number of people there.



I had a couple of compliments on the strength of my lead. Obviously I'm not driven by compliments they just make you feel all good :D.



By the end of the evening I was utterly exhausted but the whole night was fab.





Quick fun class summary. Franck really is such a good teacher.




  • Catapult, keep lady behind for a few beats while wiggling. Then as you spin the lady out keep the left hand low into a half nelson and take the lady's other hand and do some wiggling. Do a double handed return.

  • Hallilugh slowly.

  • Travelling double handed return. Take left to right shoulder while bringing the woman in to do a Hug Strip but don't take your hands back over your head. Do the wiggle thing (again) and then slink out to the end of a Catapult.





Tags:

No comments: