01 September 2005

Pre Competition Warm Up Warm Up

Going to try and keep the post short tonight as I have an appointment with my PSP.



I wasn't sure about going dancing tonight with the upcoming non-stop dancing but I went anyway. Had a good night; enjoyed the moves and had a good few dances but some poor ones as well. I accidentally hit a girl in the eye with my elbow on one move though and felt really bad. She said she'd had worse that evening and it was fine (it wasn't black by the end of the evening or anything) still I wasn't feeling great about it. Plus I seem to have lost the ability to do double-spins again :(.





I'm going to have to write a more static page with the list of all the moves on that I can better quantify and refer to. In the mean time...



Basket, Shoulder Slide, Hatchback into, In-and-Out. The In-and-Out; is that even classed as a move?




  • First Move walk thing into step thing with twirl. Start a First Move but put your right hand on the small of the woman's back. Then move your left leg around so you are facing her and sweep her across the dance floor (your left foot starts back then you step back on the right) push out with the left hand so you back in a first move pose and then do it again (you can keep doing this). We then went into those small steps that you lead with alternate pulling and pushing of hands like I did back in my first intermediate class. Before twirling the woman clockwise out of it and then return.

  • Wurlitzer into walk around craziness. Start with that Wurlitzer move (however it is spelt). Wrap the woman into a Basket but do not take her spare hand then walk around clockwise (or walking backwards) for 1 count before quickly unwrapping the woman for possibly two and a half rotations (taking your hand over her head at some stage) past where she'd normally turn to (which is difficult to lead) until you have your hand behind her back on her left hip with her facing the other way from you. She takes your left hand at your left hip as well and you walk around (again for 1 beat) where you then extend your left hand so she moves away from you and spin her (catching right). Return. I liked this move a lot though I found in freestyle I kept the turn going for more than 1 count.

  • Lean Dip Thing. ducasi was saying that we have more Dips and Leans in Edinburgh so I'm sure it will come as no surprise to him that we actually had a move that pretty much consisted of a Lean then a Dip (if Dip is the right word). Twirl the woman and put her hand over your head like a comb except stand with your left side facing towards her (hopefully you can align her correctly as well). Put your left arm on her left hip and let go with the right. Lean her and then put your right arm out in front of you. Nudge her slightly forward (I tended just to use the eyebrow method as I her feet aren't really in a good position to be nudged in anyway) where she places the left foot in front of you pivots around and your right arm is now against her lower back (your left arm is free). You can offer the left at any stage during that as we just corrected her and moved her out with a left to right hand position. It was such a short move and good fun though there were a few women who were reserved about it (no surprise given the lack of support they get during it) and one who was a little too eager on the dip but I managed to catch her weight without falling over or anything.





Tags:

No comments: