15 September 2005

Tired Moves List

It's late (again) so I'm going to try and keep this short again. Had some really good dances again tonight and danced with a bunch of people I love dancing with. I also thought I danced quite well on a bluesy track which boosted my confidence a bit. I did have one woman tell me that she wasn't keen on doing a drop to which I said I was really glad as she was in the Crucifix and I would have had a real difficult time catching her since my hands were holding her's. I suppose the position of the Crucifix is a bit like a drop kick (which I haven't done). It was better she complained about it though than just go into a drop when I wasn't in a position to catch her (humm). It was one of those nights that the time just went by too quickly and by the end of it I was left surprised and craving more. Still I might be able to satisfy that craving...





Yo-Yo, Ceroc Spin, First Move and, Man Spin. I might stop recording these at some stage. I don't use them and I'm sure no one else does. Comment if for some reason I'm wrong about that (like your a teacher that wants to echo the beginners' class in Edinburgh or something.




  • Wurlitzer into Step Out. Start with a Wurlitzer then spin the woman into her own arm to a Basket (don't do any of the steps for the basket though) and walk her around anticlockwise for a beat before you exit her out of the move like a regular. Return. I'd like to think that this move was different and slightly more complex but I actually think that was it.

  • Over Shoulder to Man Spin Around. Both hands. Start by moving in to the left hand side of your partner raising hands over your heads so you have an arm behind her head and she has likewise with you. Begin walking around (I think for one count again). Release both hands while the woman's hand is still on your shoulder; spin clockwise for a complete circle underneath her arm then slide it off catching right. I liked this move and as I was experimenting in freestyle I tried to do the underarm spin fast though found that the slightly crouched position does nothing good for balance.

  • Good Move Part 2. An extension of the imaginatively named Good Move. Just to highlight though. Offer left hand over the right arm. Bring the woman in with arms crossed over your waist then extend the right hand all the way out to have the woman face the same direction as you then move around resuming the arm across the chest then extend out with the other hand (tricky for me to explain; it's not that difficult to do though). As this stage start bringing your left hand high quickly followed by the right up above both of your heads to begin rotating the woman clockwise while turning clockwise yourself to be back-to-back. As you continue turning around taking the left hand down to her waist while keeping the right high as you turn her away from you you place her left hand on her right shoulder. Then begin unraveling with your left turning her for two and a half turns so you can get her left hand in the half nelson (as done in the previous move) while wrapping the right behind her head turning her 90 degrees to your right and dipping her slightly before resuming and unwrapping out.





Tags:

No comments: