06 September 2005

Too Much?

Tonight was OK at best :(. Lots of strange things about tonight.





First: men outnumbered women; mainly because there was a shortage of women not because of an influx of men. The second was just that my dancing seemed off form. I made some stupid mistakes; I felt I was forcing people into moves rather than leading them (only for a few moves but it was enough). After a fantastic set of dances yesterday today just felt poor. It's not to say I didn't have some good dances or that I didn't enjoy at least a few of them there was just something a bit average about it all :(.



On the plus side Tiggerbabe was DJing and it was really interesting hearing her choice of music. I found it refreshing stuff and loved many of the "new" tracks. I got a couple of dances in with her as well. I tried following for a while which I really suck at. Because I'd at least like to be able to do it a little bit (for those times the women steal the lead) then if I get the opportunity at a beginners class then I might swap roles with a given women I'm dancing with if she feels happy about it before she moves on (as a follower again). It feels a little weird dancing with a guy (which I did do tonight) and I know him I think it would be a lot more uncomfortable to actually rotate around the class and dance with a bunch of guys for both of us so I wouldn't want to force that on anyone.



Ducasi was across as was DavidY I'd be interested in reading what Ducasi thought of the whole event. I felt it wasn't the best Edinburgh night by a long shot and most of the time Tuesday is my favourite night.



Moves were First Move, Shoulder Slide, Catapult into, Basket.




  • First Move Thing With A Difference - almost exactly like yesterday's First Move Thang except that we replaced the comb part with a hand to the small of the woman’s back and snap in with a flat left hand before sliding out into a regular hold again.

  • Teapot. Start like a Step Across except don't pivot. Put right hand to the woman's far hip and walk around with her right hand roughly on your left shoulder. Turn to face her so her right hand is holding on your left.

  • Shoulder Slide Across. Start with a Shoulder Slide but as she slides her hand from your shoulder turn to face while bringing your left hand quickly around to stop her hand sliding off (and putting it back on your shoulder) while you put your hand on her shoulder as well. Then you do some little side motion thing for however many counts you like before moving in (so both your and her arms are tense) and then snap back catching with left.

  • Armjive Swizzle into Some Super Choke Thing into Some Super Choke Thing. An extension of Armjive Swizzle into Some Super Choke Thing. After you complete the first choke thing you raise your left hand over your head but keep the right down and swizzle in the opposite direction performing the same move but with the other hands. Finally move out again with the left hand to take it into a normal Swizzle and exit as a Swizzle.





Tags:

No comments: