05 January 2006

Welcome Back To Ceroc!

Well I was suffering some withdrawal symptoms since Saturday so it was good to be back. I think after the amount of concentrated parties I was at tonight was a little flat (the weekender blues). However I did have some really good dances with a few people. Did a Catapult Lambda in a way that worked so well it surprised me and I think my partner liked it too :D (used the second hand on her back as support rather than kept it on her thigh). Had some good dances with a mixed range of other people though a couple of times I found myself going on autopilot rather than really thinking about anything. I was a bit off balance for a lot of the evening; I'm not sure why that happened. I double troubled to Now That I Can Dance. One of the women had already heard my singing and obviously came back because she liked it so much. I still hate the track but I'm determined not to let it beat me!



A few other venues weren't open causing the evening to be quite packed including a couple of surprise attendees. I think a salsa lesson was cancelled and we had a few of the salsa people there as well and they were very interesting to dance with. I enjoy new styles and that was certainly the case.



Had covered two of the moves and most of the other one already but a brief summary (and I'll be changing the way I list these some time soon; seriously).




  • Wurlitzer Basket Caress into Mambo Step. Like the other time though most of the time it still seemed that either me or the woman ended up on the wrong footing.

  • Catapult Swizzle Comb into Lady Comb. Catapult. Take your right hand to the right then over your head on the way out of it. Then turn the woman into a swizzle position to a comb. Then lady comb (with your thumb downwards to assist with the turn) then do a quick double turn.

  • Catapult Into Dip



With the first move I started of getting it right with a lovely partner from Glasgow but it went wrong most times there on in. She asked how our dancing was this evening. I was a bit neutral maybe but I did enjoy the dances and I think the connection was stronger than it has been which makes a difference. She commented on that but I'd be inclined to agree; I find the people I enjoy dancing the most with are those that I feel the best connection with.



Anyway another few days 'til my next fix. How will I cope?



Tags:

No comments: