10 January 2006

Triple Spin! Triple Spin?

At the joining together bit of the beginner's class I might have done a triple spin (it might have only been a double; but what a double if so) during a Catapult. Either way I was intending a double but it was the lack of force put into it that (I felt) made it feel graceful and I came to a rest just as I turned to face my partner on the last spin. It was fab; of course I couldn't, as much as I tried, replicate it for the rest of the night. Anyway that made me feel confident for the rest of the evening and I enjoyed a big bunch of my dances. A few times I got some great complements from my partner as well which probably only helped inflate my ego but did help, I think, the confidence I put into the dance. Had a really exhausting dance to Zoot Suit Riot on the "last" dance and finished with a twilight dance with a really lovely dancer. I felt in the zone tonight and more so towards the end which was a shame as I would have happily danced longer (though my legs were beginning to tire).



It was too hot tonight and my first T-shirt change in a regular class since... I can't remember when. There were also far to many extra women leading to me not getting to choose my partner as much as I'd like and not getting to dance with a lot of people that I wanted to dance with.



Moves were:






  • Basket Back Turn. Start Basket but keep left hand high and pull with right to put the woman into a clockwise turn. Let go with right as she is behind you but continue to turn her so she is at your left side (though you turn to face). Travel return her back to where she started.

  • First Move Barrier Walk Thing. First Move Barrier. Draw your left hand to your right (in a lady spin sort of position) and cross step. Cross step taking your right hand over the left as you take your left hand to the left and turn to follow it. The back right. Spin both of you. Catch right.

  • Chop, Lock and Flop. Right hand start. Place left high up right arm and draw the woman in to take it. Extend her out to your right side then turn her in towards you taking your left to her left shoulder and turning her back to you as you move around taking your right to a really uncomfortable position before letting go and pushing her out with the left then turn her using that hand. Accordion. I might get around to writing this up properly; or not.





Tags:

No comments: