26 January 2006

Thursday Night Going Well

Tonight went well. You always worry after a couple of not great nights that
it might not be but it went well. I had a lot of good dances and part of that
was just feeling like I had a good connection. My balance was good and enjoyed
doing a few double spins. There were a lot of fast tracks which I'm not a huge
fan of but were fun to dance to all the same. There was also no Now That
I Can Dance
, seriously it wasn't there. I'm so happy. Anyway a few
of the regulars that I love dancing with weren't there but there were plenty
of women who were there that I enjoyed dancing with (I had a lovely dance
with the taxi dancer who took me through my first lesson). Aleks took me through
how to practice body rolls.




  • Armjive Swizzle Into Underarm Pass. I'm to lazy at the moment to look
    this up but I've done it before. Armjive, pass under the arm on the Swizzle
    then push the woman to your left keeping both hands into a half nelson; then
    slide under your right arm to get in-front of the woman and turn her. I notice
    I've gotten lazy in freestyle and kept the right hand at shoulder level and
    pass underneath it there.

  • Basket Into Turnaround Spin with Lady Spin. Liked this one. Basket
    but rather than exit turn the lady 180° clockwise as you turn yourself and take your left hand up so it is at the lady's shoulder. Then use that to turn her around 1½ times in one count. Take her hand out to your right and both of you spin (I took this chance to do double spins as everyone was doing a spin).

  • Catapult into Sway Accordion Dip. Catapult offering left hand up
    at shoulder level, on the right side, when the lady is behind you. Lead her
    to take it and return her in-front until she is facing away putting your right
    on her waist at the right and putting her left on the left hand side of your
    waist. Push her across with the right taking your left high into an Accordion
    position. Return her wrapping her right into a half nelson keeping the left
    high. When she is facing towards your right side take your left over her head
    (with your arm across her back) and put her into a dip. Exit letting go
    of left and unwrapping with the right swapping to your left hand.




Tags:

No comments: