21 January 2006

Route 66

I'll try and keep this quite short since it is late. I doubt it will happen though. Anyway I had a quite good time tonight. I think I was a bit tired and drained of energy. Tiredness generally effects my concentration and therefore has an impact on my musicality; move repertoire and general connection. Lack of energy seems to effect my balance (and therefore my ability to do spins) more than anything else. I think the amount of caffeine I drank to remain awake also kept me very warm. My level of skill fluctuated through the night. There was one fast song, that went on for ages, that started of well but went downhill after it continued on. I coped alright with the bluesy stuff at the end. I had quite a few enjoyable "fun" dances and quite a few good technique dances as well. I did take quite a few breaks and before I knew it the night was over. I had the last three dances with the same girl (because the first track we danced to was naff; the second was better and then we just figured we'd stick with each other for the last track). They were enjoyable; she is a good dancer with a lot of style. We also had a few dances earlier where she lead and we stole the lead from each other which was fun. Had good dances with others too; some regular partners and others much more infrequent (or the first time tonight). I didn't get a dance with every woman in the hall; which was a shame as I certainly think it would have been possible.



I practiced the Argentinean First Move a bit with mixed results but, occasionally, it worked really well and I was over the moon. I also put one follower into a Lambda Drop and she took me bringing her back up as a sign I was going to drop her rather than me just feeling we had held the position long enough. She sort of yelped :o.



I felt the music was a bit of a mix at times. There were certainly a few tracks I didn't like but also some really good ones.



Tags:

No comments: