24 January 2006

Tuesday Blues Part 2

I went in dancing tonight with high hopes but again something about the evening just made it a bit of a poor one. I think it was a factor of my own dancing, the music, how warm I was and other dances that didn't go so well. I wasn't really on form and at times I just felt I was going through the motions or that my dance was a bit uninspired. I think that can have a knock on effect to other things; I'm sure I'd enjoy the musical set (well excluding Now That I Can Dance), for example, if I was in the zone. I also found it really warm which I've been finding a lot of venues too warm for a while so it suggests it's something about me. Anyway all said I did have a handful of very good dances. One of which was probably one of the best dances I had with a lady who is very close to me.



That same lovely lady that gave me a fab dance also wrote up some moves for me; I'll quote her write-ups:




  • First Move Behind Wrap Spin. Start a First Move but as you push the woman out let go with your left hand and keep your right hand on the left hand side of her waist. Using that hand turn her clockwise 180° keeping your hand on her hip (which is now at the far side) as she is slightly behind you facing away to your right. Nudge her with your right hand and keep your left hand behind you to allow her to loop her arm around it. You then bring her around with that loop and spin her in front catching right. Return.

  • Man Wrap.
    Starts like a catapult - when the lady is behind you, bend your right arm and turn anti-clockwise to face the lady. Hover your left arm over
    the lady's right arm. P}lace your hand on her arm to bring her in to
    your side. Walk around for two beats, unwrap yourself by lowering your
    right arm and stepping in front of you, finish with a return.

  • Secret Walk Turnaround Into Double Handed Ladyspin with a Comb Lean.
    Holding right to right, signal to the lady by placing your left arm
    overyour right arm above the elbow. Step in side to side with the lady
    - she takes spare hand, extend right arm so that lady pivots to be at
    your side. Bring both hands together and turn the lady anti-clockwise
    until she comes round to face you. Twist slightly out so that you end
    up stood side by side, bringing your left arm over your shoulder and
    your right arm in front of the lady at her left hip. Then raise your
    left arm, lower your right as you step across moving the lady to your
    other side, lower both arms so that they are in front of you at hip
    level. Pivot clockwise bringing the lady round to face, taking both
    hands out to the right in preparation for a flick spin. Spin the lady
    catching right to right, Turn the woman for a comb, turning yourself as
    well so you end up side by side,take the woman's arm over your head and
    lunge to the right.



Tags:

No comments: