05 July 2005

Third Lesson. I Was Addicted From The Start Wasn't I?

Urgh. Tonight felt like a step back (not in a good way; Ceroc starts with a step back but that's not what I meant) in my dancing. I think it was the heat of the hall. It was so hot it actually stopped my brain activity. At least I'm hoping that is the case rather than me just getting worse.



Don't get me wrong; I still enjoyed myself but I found it difficult to get into the flow of the dance and my moves seemed to lack any really grace and just seemed half hearted. I also seemed to have difficulty actually remembering what moves I actually know. Maybe my brain will be in gear on Thursday.





Anyway if one blogger can post detailed lists of what they did in class why not two (I backposted the others in the Blogger post)? OK my lists aren't going to be that detailed; just more of a way for me to remember the moves and hopefully it will help when I've forgotten little hints I've gotten.




  • The Octopus (Both to Left). Like the basket apart from allow the woman to carry through while catching with right (so both hands) again. Put right hand over left to step underneath right hand while turning away from partner. Catch with left again to perform the first move again. Alternately stop the second move half way through for The Basket.

  • Sidestep (Left to Left). Step sideways and move partner to touch elbows repeat until bored at which stage twirl woman past you to switch sides.

  • First Move Spin (Left to Right). Move strong and confident like to woman's hip with both of you facing the opposite direction with right hand on hip and left against the shoulder. Twist left hand down to move the woman to face the front while moving the left foot back. Your right and the womans left should be facing forward together then move back into previous position with hand flat ready for a spin. Spin and catch with right.

  • Backpass (Right to Left). Rotate to left facing away from partner while offering left hand behind back. Swap hands and twirl woman.





Tags:

No comments: