31 July 2005

Party Time!

So I've just returned back from my first Ceroc party. I arrived pretty much when the party started and stayed until the end. I had a really great time. I will talk on that more but I thought I'd summarize the moves I did first.





Here we go:




  • Started of with a move that is double handed. Move the woman clockwise in front of you while swapping places moving her hands over her head. When you swap places you will have your hands crossed. Then turn 90° clockwise while your partner does the same; as you move in, back to back, bring both hands in a large circle down towards waist while continuing to move across. If all goes well both people will have one hand bent across the back while the other is tense against your partner's other hand. Move back to back again before spinning the woman out and return.

  • We then went into a wertzel or something like that. Again double handed as you move in flatten left hand and push slightly so both you and your partner can move out (a bit like a side step). Then spin her.

  • It finished with a using the spin on the last move to move around the woman catching her in a First Move and quickly moving around before carrying on the First Move. On the return catch with both hands and rinse, lather and repeat.



I really liked the brief class. It was a good way for the strangers to integrate and for everyone to be on the dancefloor; I'll come back to this. The first move I used a few times during freestyle though I found a few women didn't really want to lower their hands and since I didn't want to break their arms then it caused a few failed moves (I imagine breaking someone's arm might also result in the moving being broken).



The dancefloor was empty when I arrived. Though my dancing could hardly do any justice I decided to get some early warmup. It was beginning to fill a little bit but obviously there was a bit of worry about being scrutinized by some people who might have otherwise come up dancing. That's why I loved the class as it brought people in a bit earlier (if they wanted to attend the class) and filled the dancefloor when it went back into freestyle.



I had a lot of dances (probably in the region of around 60) and so many of them were good I was over the moon. I mainly stuck to beginners moves again with the occasional intermediate move (generally sticking to ones I felt confident I could do) and though I still had problems leading some of them things went well. One moves involves spinning the woman in and then going into a lean. I was surprised when three women didn't take my additional support hand. Obviously they were move confident in my ability not to drop them than I was. Was amazed at some of the people I danced with; one women span four times based on a starting spin I was both amazed and left with very little to do :D.



Anyway I'm back home and sore. It's been a busy day.





Tags:

No comments: