19 July 2005

Follow the Leader

Well I think it is time for another Ceroc update. Tonight was good though I didn't really seem on form. For some reason I had difficulty thinking of moves and often lead late (which made it difficult for my partner) and I'm not a very strong lead anyway so, though I enjoyed many of my dances, I messed up frequently and didn't make it very smooth.





It was very quiet which left a lot of space on the dance floor and I got to dance a few times with people give me an opportunity to try a range of moves. Beginners class was Armjive Push Spin, Yo-Yo, Shoulder Drop and, Sidestep.



On the intermediate front I think I had a really hard time trying to make the moves click. I'm not sure I managed to do any of them well. Unless we happen to go over one on Thursday I'm pretty sure I'll drop all the moves shown tonight. You never know I might have the opportunity to work on them further with it being covered in class. However there were some very patient women I was dancing with and for that I've very grateful.




  • First up we did a Catapult into moving the woman to the left hand side while putting your (as the lead) left arm over her shoulder and keeping your right arm behind your back. Then you release the right arm and move it to the front where you take her hand again. This allows you to rotate her anti-clockwise and put the other arm over her shoulder and hers on yours. Then it is a case of running you hand down her arms to grab her left arm before sending her into a spin and exchanging places and then grabbing right to right. First I found that I was always finishing with my left hand. Second my poor description is partially because I still don't know the move though my body goes through the motions before my brain is really working on it.

  • Use right to right to send woman into a half spin on the right. Stop her after a 180 degree rotation and have the left arm on her shoulder and right on her hip. This should then lead to an even push and pull motion to send her into a 540 degree spin anti-clockwise and then catch with the left. I think there is a return. Two things about this; first I never pushed hard enough; second I never seemed comfortable putting my hand on a woman's hip. More likely I'd go for the waist and you don't really want to pull there.

  • Last move started of with a First Move :) into an anti-clockwise spin with the right hand then placed on the small of her back while keeping hold of the left and facing each other. Then step back quite far with the left foot bringing the woman forward with her lunging forward slightly with her right foot. The turn her to side for a small dip the step out of the move and return. I found that I was inclined to move towards a Seducer and drop the left hand when I actually still wanted to hold on with that as a support method. Not good; not good at all.

  • We then finished with a Man Spin to go into a right to right for the first move (not the First Move though).



However the night flew by and I had a good time.





Tags:

No comments: