11 August 2005

Not Tonight

I think everyone has fairly poor dancing nights and I think this was one for me. I did have some really good dances and I was real upbeat when a woman complemented me on my ability to adjust to the music (not just the beats but in changing style and my moves). I did stick to mostly basic moves again but the intermediate tonight knocked me down a peg. I also had my new dancing trainers on; which were great and did make a difference (though my attempt at a double spin just resulted in me going off balance).



After going for some drinks after Ceroc I tried my feet at some Salsa but that didn't work very well; I tried to imitate others on the floor but felt like I really wanted to do some Ceroc





Beginner was Yo-Yo, Ceroc Spin, First Move and, Shoulder Slide* except the Shoulder Slide was a variant where as you turned around you pushed on the woman's biceps to send her into a spin (and we did a proposal sort of style things for the guys at the same time). It was fun but this time I kept moving into the next move without the return (which we seemed to have on all the moves).



Lets give these intermediate moves a go.




  • Left hand start, step back turning slight clockwise and offer right hand behind back. Woman takes this as you move past her taking your left hand down and your right hand up (so at some stage you are back-to-back). When she comes around begin turning clockwise(?) into a weird hold thing letting go (probably with left) and twirling her around for 2½ times in front before moving her hand out and spinning her catching with right.

  • Right hand start with the Yo-Yo but start with offering your left hand behind which she takes when you move her outwards. Then you move across taking your right hand above your head and your left hand across your back then you move her out like the end of a Catapult but you keep hold with both hands. Then, magically, one of her hands is in a half nelson behind her while you take her other hand over her head. Then you move out of that in such a way to end up with her hand over your shoulder and yours over hers hip to hip facing the same direction before sliding left hand down and sending her into a spin in front of you as you step across. There might have been a return, who cares by this stage? As you can see I didn't get the move; I didn't know it then and I sure as hell don't know it now.

  • First Move but instead of going back up to shoulder move her hand between you both forcing her to pivot so she is facing the other way from you. Then pivot her back but slightly in front then back directly facing you for a slight lean before moving into a left foot Mambo step. Finish on your left foot forward; twirl her, while keeping on her waist with right hand, 270° drop her hand to your neck while supporting her upper back with left and give her a quick dip; after correcting spin her using right hand.



Not my night for moves at all. I could only do the third move with any success and even then not that often. Obviously this showed in class as twice I was left partner-less after a count (I think that was just coincidence though; I hope... obviously someone did come to my rescue). Anyway scratch tonight's intermediate .





Tags:

No comments: