23 August 2005

Dance!

I had some really enjoyable dances tonight but also some that seem to have just gone wrong (I don't think entirely because of what I was doing). There was a few intermediate moves that I tried and just gave up on. There were some other intermediates that seemed to have been going really well. At the end I was knackered; which was great. My knees hurt a little bit (I'm currently have some problems with 'em) but not as much than when I was sitting in an office so something strange is up. Once again I never got a chance to look at the moves list so I haven't yet had the chance to replace my descriptions with just names (but I'll get around to it).





Armjive Push Spin, Shoulder Drop, Step Across and, Sidestep.




  • Archi-Spin Basic. Left hand start. It's on the excellent Jivoholics Anonymous; I'd direct link it but they don't allow you to. I'd just mention it is important to get the woman's hand to face upward and then making a sweeping clockwise motion with it to stop injury. As you do that she begins moving past behind you as you rotate anti-clockwise as she does the same. Return.

  • Hand Swap Turny Thing. Start left but swap straight to right hand. Turn yourself anticlockwise and when you turn and face the follower turn her clockwise. Step back and return.

  • Err... Move Around Thing. Start like a Yo-Yo except spin the woman aniti-clockwise, for half a turn, rather than push out at the same time pivot 180° yourself. Rest your left hand on her left hip and stand to her right. Push across with the left and spin using the right hand on her hip (while turning 90° to face her). Catch with right.

  • Dip Thing. I needed practice with this so my explanation will suck. Right hand start. Offer left hand from up the right hand (so you start with arms crossed). Move in crossing the woman's right arm over your chest. Rotate 180° to face woman. Take your left hand and put it to the woman's right shoulder. Then pivot the woman around with right hand (taking your arm over her head so you are behind her and her arms are crossed in front of her and yours are crossed behind her back. Then you let her drop her arms and lean back with one foot allowing her to dip on your hands and your elbows as support. You then spin her for a half turn using your left arm. Catch with left. There was probably a return.





Tags:

No comments: